Welcome 2017-18 Kindergartners to Caraway Elementary!
Kindergarten Play Dates for the new 2017-18 Class
Would you like to get to know other Kindergarten parents and children? If so, please complete THIS FORM to be contacted regarding summer play dates and family outings with your child’s 2017-18 Kindergarten peers and families.
Student placement is a critical educational process based on criteria serving many educational purposes. Below is a brief bulleted description of this process:
- The building process is initiated in May.
- The current classroom teacher individually reviews student strengths and needs to group their students for placement across an established number of classrooms projected for the coming year.
- Grade level teams convene to coordinate placement and create heterogeneous groupings with consideration to gender, academic levels, diversity, student strengths and needs, with a goal toward appropriate instructional groupings.
- Specialists and Support Teachers have an opportunity to collaborate throughout the process.
- Class lists are generated in August.
- Changes are rare and must be based on data or extenuating circumstances.
Campus administrators, out of concern for the total school program, maintain the right and the responsibility for placement. We understand that parents are also interested in providing feedback. Please understand that we cannot honor requests for specific teachers. Children’s needs and programming will be the primary considerations for student placement. If parents have additional pertinent information about their child, they may submit it to the principal for consideration by May 12, 2017. Please use the designated school form that is available as a download. You will find the link below. Use of this form is the most effective and efficient way for you to provide feedback. We kindly ask that you use the form as it is designed. Thank you!
Caraway 2017-2018 School Supplies – Pre-Order Now
The PTA is excited to announce a continued partnership with 1st Day School Supplies. We have collaborated with 1st Day School Supplies to help parents and teachers get the exact supplies needed for next school year without the hassle and aggravation of shopping at local stores. We have found 1st Day School Supplies to be convenient, easy, and hassle free.
You can make your purchase right now by CLICKING HERE.
If you have any questions, please contact our PTA School Supplies volunteer, Julie Cooper.
If you plan to be a Watch D.O.G., go on a field trip, volunteer in the classroom, or work with students, you must complete the online application AND receive approval. Online Volunteer Application.
Some helpful tips to remember when submitting your volunteer application:
- Please complete entire form.
- Select the school(s) where you would like to volunteer (you can choose more than one school).
- Please make sure that you click the SUBMIT button.
Thank you in advance for going through this process. We look forward to you volunteering at our school!
Students safety is our top priority at Caraway Elementary! Working together, we can provide safe environments for our students. Here are a few reminders about how you can do your part to keep all of our students safe while you are on campus:
- It is always a good idea for students to be focused on their surroundings and personal safety. We would like to take this opportunity to ask our parents to speak with their students and encourage them to take the necessary precautions to stay safe.
- Always walk or bike with other students.
- Be alert to what is happening and who is around you.
- Never talk to a stranger or go near a stranger’s car.
- Never accept rides from a stranger; If a stranger approaches you, scream and run. Find an adult you know and report what happened immediately.
- During the morning drop off time, please be mindful about parking along Carlwood Drive. We have several students and families who bike to school. There have been a couple of “close calls” with car doors this week. Additionally, when cars park on this road it narrows the street for cars that are trying to drive through, which in turn narrows the available room for our student cyclists. We suggest that you park along one of the side streets such as Vallecito Drive or Deadoak Lane.
- When leaving Caraway, please do not attempt to make a left turn out of the main driveway. This will keep our traffic moving smoothly and help the crossing guard safely get students across the street.
Please do not hesitate to call us at 512-464-5500 if you have any suggestions or concerns. Thank you for your support and assistance.
Second Graders Raise Funds for Animal Rescue
Caraway Champions Battle of the Bluebonnets for the third year in a row
Caraway Bluebonnet Team Wins District Contest.... Again!
Writing Rocks cohort celebrates graduation
Students Place at Austin Energy Regional Science Fair
Owls Place at FIRST LEGO League Competition
Caraway Engineering Day
RRISD students succeed at Destination Imagination regional competition
Hour of Code is More Than a Week at Caraway
RRISD elementary students shine during District A+ UIL academic meet
Innovation Lab Learning with LittleBits
Caraway Students Make Personalized Ornaments with 3D Printing
Caraway Third Graders Video Conference with Entrepreneur
Caraway Holds Mock Election
Minecraft Masters Envision a Caraway of the Future
RRISD students create works of art for future medical center
Caraway receives $1,800 grant for 'CPR in Classroom' program
Caraway library, classrooms revamped through Bond 2014
RRISD schools earn 115 TEA special distinctions
<< swipe for more articles >>
April 21, 2017 – District Digest – 3 Things to Know in Round Rock ISD
RRISD partners with ACC, Round Rock Chamber for HVAC, Plumbing career training
City of Round Rock presents letter of intent for proposed RRISD aquatic center
RRISD receives $92K Austin Energy rebate for energy efficiency, Energy Star certifications
Round Rock ISD holds Job Fair
Early voting for Bond 2017 opens April 24, Election Day to be held May 6
Voigt, Union Hill and Forest North named Capturing Kids’ Hearts National Showcase schools
RRISD students succeed at state science, engineering fair
Spiegel named Superintendent’s RRock Star for March
RRISD’s Sandra Carpenter named a 2017 Women of the ROCK
RRISD student art bowls shared with Meals on Wheels
Round Rock ISD students advance to national PTA Reflections competition
RRISD earns GFOA 'Certificate of Achievement'
Round Rock ISD hosts PROMRack Event
RRISD STEM Fest rescheduled for May 5
Student leaders honored at annual recognition ceremony
Uselman named new Director of Instructional Technology
RRISD students named 2017 National Merit Scholarship finalists
RRISD students succeed at 2017 Texas Scholastic Chess Championships
RRISD to provide free breakfast during STAAR testing
Kathy Caraway Elementary School
11104 Oak View Drive
Austin, Texas, 78759
Katrina Bailey, Principal
Melanie Solis, Asst. Principal
Hours of Operation
Students: 7:40 a.m. – 2:50 p.m.
Office: 7:15 a.m. – 4:15 p.m.