Indicate the names of performer(s), and specifics about the act including the name of the song if singing or playing. 35 performers will be chosen, and variety of acts and preparation will be taken into consideration. Please keep acts to 3 minutes or less, and note that a video screening and any backing track you wish to use must be submitted by 2/8/16 at noon. You will be notified by 2/10/16 about which acts will be in the show.
Questions? Email amyblackmon@sbcglobal. net.
UIL Academic Competition
Congratulations again to all of our students who participated in the campus and district Academic UIL competition on January 16th. Caraway placed first overall in District II-RR. We are very proud of our students and teachers for all of their hard-work. We also want to give a huge thank you to Mrs. Solis our Assistant Principal for organizing this amazing event for our students. Please click here to see the list of individual winners.
Whether your child is transferring to our school from another school district, changing schools within Round Rock ISD, or starting school for the first time, visit the district’s Registration page to find useful information.
If you plan to be a Watch D.O.G., go on a field trip, volunteer in the classroom, or work with students, you must complete the online application AND receive approval. Online Volunteer Application.
Some helpful tips to remember when submitting your volunteer application:
- Please complete entire form.
- Select the school(s) where you would like to volunteer (you can choose more than one school).
- Please make sure that you click the SUBMIT button.
Thank you in advance for going through this process. We look forward to you volunteering at our school!
Students safety is our top priority at Caraway Elementary! Working together, we can provide safe environments for our students. Here are a few reminders about how you can do your part to keep all of our students safe while you are on campus:
- It is always a good idea for students to be focused on their surroundings and personal safety. We would like to take this opportunity to ask our parents to speak with their students and encourage them to take the necessary precautions to stay safe.
- Always walk or bike with other students.
- Be alert to what is happening and who is around you.
- Never talk to a stranger or go near a stranger’s car.
- Never accept rides from a stranger; If a stranger approaches you, scream and run. Find an adult you know and report what happened immediately.
- During the morning drop off time, please be mindful about parking along Carlwood Drive. We have several students and families who bike to school. There have been a couple of “close calls” with car doors this week. Additionally, when cars park on this road it narrows the street for cars that are trying to drive through, which in turn narrows the available room for our student cyclists. We suggest that you park along one of the side streets such as Vallecito Drive or Deadoak Lane.
- When leaving Caraway, please do not attempt to make a left turn out of the main driveway. This will keep our traffic moving smoothly and help the crossing guard safely get students across the street.
Please do not hesitate to call us at 512-464-5500 if you have any suggestions or concerns. Thank you for your support and assistance.
<< swipe for more articles >>
Kathy Caraway Elementary School
11104 Oak View Drive
Austin, Texas, 78759
Katrina Bailey, Principal
Melanie Solis, Asst. Principal
Hours of Operation
Students: 7:45am – 2:45pm
Office: 7:15am – 4:15pm