The Talented and Gifted referral window is open from November 16- December 8. If you are considering having your child tested for the gifted program, please discuss your interest with your child’s teacher and then access the referral forms at the following site. All referral forms will be accepted until the close of the referral window which is at the end of the school day (3:00 pm) on Tuesday, December 8, 2015. https://roundrockisd.org/departments/gifted-and-advanced-academic-services/
The FLUency program has officially started for Caraway Elementary! Simply download the Kinsa app and join our school group to get your FREE Kinsa Smart Thermometer. Use the Kinsa thermometer and app to track fevers & symptoms and comment in our school group so everyone can “know what’s going around.” We look forward to a healthy and informed flu season!
Click HERE to go to the website for more info.
Whether your child is transferring to our school from another school district, changing schools within Round Rock ISD, or starting school for the first time, visit the district’s Registration page to find useful information.
If you plan to be a Watch D.O.G., go on a field trip, volunteer in the classroom, or work with students, you must complete the online application AND receive approval. Online Volunteer Application.
Some helpful tips to remember when submitting your volunteer application:
- Please complete entire form.
- Select the school(s) where you would like to volunteer (you can choose more than one school).
- Please make sure that you click the SUBMIT button.
Thank you in advance for going through this process. We look forward to you volunteering at our school!
Students safety is our top priority at Caraway Elementary! Working together, we can provide safe environments for our students. Here are a few reminders about how you can do your part to keep all of our students safe while you are on campus:
- It is always a good idea for students to be focused on their surroundings and personal safety. We would like to take this opportunity to ask our parents to speak with their students and encourage them to take the necessary precautions to stay safe.
- Always walk or bike with other students.
- Be alert to what is happening and who is around you.
- Never talk to a stranger or go near a stranger’s car.
- Never accept rides from a stranger; If a stranger approaches you, scream and run. Find an adult you know and report what happened immediately.
- During the morning drop off time, please be mindful about parking along Carlwood Drive. We have several students and families who bike to school. There have been a couple of “close calls” with car doors this week. Additionally, when cars park on this road it narrows the street for cars that are trying to drive through, which in turn narrows the available room for our student cyclists. We suggest that you park along one of the side streets such as Vallecito Drive or Deadoak Lane.
- When leaving Caraway, please do not attempt to make a left turn out of the main driveway. This will keep our traffic moving smoothly and help the crossing guard safely get students across the street.
Please do not hesitate to call us at 512-464-5500 if you have any suggestions or concerns. Thank you for your support and assistance.
<< swipe for more articles >>
Kathy Caraway Elementary School
11104 Oak View Drive
Austin, Texas, 78759
Katrina Bailey, Principal
Melanie Solis, Asst. Principal
Hours of Operation
Students: 7:45am – 2:45pm
Office: 7:15am – 4:15pm